Re: your mail

From: DJ Clawson <djclawson_at_garden.net>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 20:32:05 -0400

>I am currenlty working on the first issue, and I ship the disks to Walter
>and he prints them out and mails them. If I had a color printer this
>could be much easier. Walter would probably love a donation to pay for
>the color printouts and a new color cartridge when it wears out. :) His
>color printer's going to get a workout from my FCNL (Fan Club NewsLetter)
>pages! I'm using gradient fills and much more. hehehe. :) It's looking
>awesome!
>
>A.J. Freda

   My Prodigy SWAT Kats Club originally did have a NL. It was joint with the
Gargoyles Prodigy Club, run by Kyle Cummings. We were both co-editors.
Everything went fine for a while--I hung back the first one to see how it
worked, only making copies and distributing--no major editing aside from a
quick opening letter. It was cool--we had Kyle's interview with Chris
Tremblay concerning the toys, an interview with the guy who does Hudson's
voice, a few sketches by free-lance animator Bill Van Ordan from my club,
and part one of a round robin SK fanfic that was done by club members. It
involved Jake getting kidnapped by a bunch of supercompter thieves because
he knew the access codes (Maybe this summer I'll type it up for you guys).
   Anyway, I turned around one day on the BBs to find that Kyle had went
ahead to make it the "offical Gargoyles magazine" now FEATURING SWAT Kats.
So I practicaly ranted, "What happened to the NL?" I didn't get too much of
a response. Don't get the wrong idea about Kyle--he's a nice guy, but he
kind of swept the carpet out from under me.
   So I assigned someone to be editor (Paul Jutras or Ryan Kelly, can't
remember) and heard nothing on at that point. Eventually I questioned Kyle
on it and a few weeks later I got "The Stone" in the mail (that's what it
was called). It had next to nothing on SWAT Kats. Kyle took the job all too
himself, but it quickly became too much to manage. I don't even know how
many issues there were--tops, 4 or 5. Or maybe it's still coming out. I
don't know. Probably not, thought.

                            Dr. Jake