Re: TurboKat

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 07:45:34 -0700

> I would have scanned at 1200 dpi, but I couldn't really due to those darn
>gray regions which were really made up of tiny little dots which became
>visible at that resolution and my experimentation at 1200 dpi showed (to my
>amazement) that it wouldn't have helped signifigantly anyway. If there are
>better, larger, versions out there (Perhaps among the 40 images Chance loaned
>Matt?), then bwtbone and bwrazor should be replaced.

Yup. All the promotional images of the Kats that I've seen on boxes, packaging,
things like the BSC/L etc. were all derived from that "Style Guide" thing, and
it contains the "camera-ready" versions of those pics that were meant to be
used as the foundation for package designs and promo literature of all kinds.

(I now have the capability of scanning stuff up at the marvelous resolution of
 240-300 dpi, but as it results in substandard imagery, I'll only
 use it for "emergencies")