Re: TurboKat

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 19:18:47 -0700

> About a week ago, I made a paper-airplane turbokat with a lot of
>paper and tape. It flies! I have a cockpit, tail fins, flaps at the end
>of the wings, and all that's missing is retracable wings! (If I did that,
>I don't know how the HECK they could stay on.) When will the TurboKat
>models be in the /drawn area on rat?

Cool. I made a "Battlestar Galactica" Viper that actually flew aways back when, but
never considered a TK. The TK drawings should be up on rat.org shortly, but
you've gotta be patient!

> Who drew the katsvg.gif, kats04.gif, bwtbone.gif, bwrazor.gif,
>katsmetl.gif? I am working on bwtbone.gif, and I have already finished
>the penciling. These pictures are good drawing practice and look cooler
>than on the cartoon. Is it possible on obtaining a "how to draw" from
>whoever made those pics? I'm guessing Christian, because of they way the
>kats are drawn, but I'm not sure. That would make a cool part of the 3rd
>season opener. (The katsvg.gif) Instead of the turbokat like in the 1st
>season one.

The 'Toon' model sheets were drawn by H-B artist Butch Hartman, and they're
obviously first-season ones. I can't dl the others at the moment to check, but
some of the stuff like the poster was drawn by the Tremblays and inked/coloured
by a comix professional, and I think some of that "Style Guide" stuff was actually done
by Lance Falk. All the line-drawings in the "Style Guide" look like Tremblay
artwork to me, and are a lot more "edgy" than the first-season designs that appeared
heavily simplified for the purposes of animation.

The Butch Hartman/"Toon" model sheets have some 'how-to' panels concerning how
to draw Razor and T-Bone, but it would *indeed* be nice if I could get hold of the
originals for everyone to look at/learn from.