Re: Of Mook and Kats ...

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 20:07:02 -0500 (CDT)

> Recently came across some of Mook's earlier work on a Malaysian channel
> recently called "Adventures of T-Rex" I believe about 5 crime-fighting
> dinosaurs with neat gadgets and stuff (Huh! What'll they think of next?
> Cats?!) closer to the bad humour vein of TMNT rather than SK. I think that
> was circa 1992 or so ... so folks interested in Mook's work might wanna
> check it out (It's not fantastic though)

    What, Mook did that? I only saw one episode and I never thought to check
the credits. Makes sense since the animation was fairly right on for what it
must have been budgetted at, no immediate flaws in how it was animated as
contrasted with how it should have been (Like Pizza Cats, ya know.) I've been
curious as to what stuff Mook has done, particularly when it comes to anime. I
know they contributed to Akira, did almost all of the 1/2 hour AEon Flux, the
opening to Ultraforce, some of Street Sharks, and I think they're doing the new
JQ (Thanks to their Kats work from what I've been told.) and possibly Spawn,
but I haven't done enough digging to uncover more of their work. If anyone
knows what else they've done, please E-mail me with a list since we don't want
to bore the others and this is a bit off topic anyway.

> -Simon Leet :)

  |\ __ /| Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu |\ __ /|
  | | | |
   \ / Check out SWAT Kats on the Web: \ /
     \/ http://rat.org/kats \/