Re: OLD???

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 20:35:09 -0700

>Ha! Got you beaten on that, though I'm not quite as venerable as Doc
>Konway :)

Yeah, but the quick measure of "old" is the following:

1) Which of the following is the most familiar acronym?

     a) "TK"
     b) "MCPD"
     c) "WoDK"
     d) "RRSP"

2) Callie Briggs represents:

     a) a beautiful example of the female species
     b) an unattainable example of the female species
     c) a kat, but I'm not that fussy
     d) 10 to 15 breaking rocks in Joliet

3) Your next investment priority is:

    a) a killer stereo to go with your new LD player (for 'Balto' *or* Kats!)
    b) another VCR to dupe Katseps for fellow fans
    c) a silk-screener who knows how to keep his mouth shut about your
        pirate "Callie 'n' Jake" tee
    d) a white picket fence and a new Minivan to park next to it

4) Which of the following *wouldn't* thrill our daredevil Kat friends:

    a) a "Skaredy Kat" marathon
    b) a Calendar that knoweth months other than "July"
    c) a years supply of free Katsui TV's
    d) a .0003% reduction on your semi-fixed indexed mortgage

Answer Key:

If you consistently picked "a)": you're young at heart regardless of the
waxy buildup on your birthday cake.

If you consistently picked "b)": you're still a current model. You just need
spark plugs and an oil change.

If you consistently picked "c)": you're not over the hill, but you're sure havin'
trouble climbin' it! It's often a toss up to determine which is harder: blowin'
out the candles on the cake, or setting a new land speed record for your
dentures in the process.

If you consistently picked "d)": you actually *save* those flyers about cemetery
plots and the "Good Sam!" club, and have an unhealthy fixation on "Matlock".
Next step? Metamucil, Depends, and the color-keyed respirator of your choice.
(after all - doesn't *everything* go with plaid golf pants and 2" suspenders?)

(I'm 31, but I age backwards like Merlin. Please don't tell the DMV)