"Mutation City" is right up there on *my* list 'cuz...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 21:35:19 -0700

>> I said something about not begin confused at all by Chance's statement,
>so

Some people were due to the fact my attempts at obscuring identities also
seemed to amalgamate them as an unfortunate side-effect. No harm done.

>>don't worry about it and then sugggested we start a favorite episodes
>thread.

>>Mine's The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice 'cuz it really takes on an epic
>>theme
>>in moments, what I consider the series at its best. Anyone else care to
>name
>>their faves?
>
>Hmm...um...My favorite has to be "Mutation City"; But "Bright and Shiny
>Future" finishes a close second.

This was one of the eps with the extra credit above Leopold's that reads
"story by Christian and Yvon Tremblay". It's more than likely Doc Conway's
favourite ep (can't imagine why, huh?), and is right up there on my faves list
because of the interaction between the Katguys on the obstacle course, and
later on during the various trials&tribulations with water, monsters and
mutations due to biting nasties. The more the guys bounce lines off
each other and reveal more about who they are, the better I like them. There
was a lot of this kind of thing in "Mutation", and even more in "Razor's Edge".
It kinda helped a series like this stand out among an action-adventure world
populated by the forced mutant-angst in things like "X-Men" and the like.

"Mutation" also introduces us to Lt. Felina Feral, and though she's in stark
contrast to the ever-lovely Miss Briggs, they seemed to get along famously
in their short scene together.