Re: Big moon?

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 19:44:16 -0600 (CST)

> > Not an optical illusion, but a "camera zoom". Surely you've seen the sun
> >or moon look huge in a live action movie?
>
> Yeah, I saw that too, but if they zoom in, the human and other stuff get big t
oo. But I saw kats and other stuff is small compare to the moon.

    That's irrelevent if the "camera" is located far away. Once again, the
same thing is done in live action films rather frequently for effect. The
camera is so far away that the characters appear relatively unzoomed
(technically all shots are zooms, it's just a matter of how much.) while the
moon or sun appears huge.

> >differing size. I say that their moon, in keeping with the other earth like
> >similarities is very close to the size of our own.
>
> Is either that or the distances between their moon and the kat planet is a lot
 closer than 380.000 km.

    Another possibility, but I just don't see any real need for exotic
explanations (But hey, believe what you like!) I'm gonna stick with the idea
of their moon being about the same size and distance as ours. Works better for
me personally.

> Edo Andromedo email : macsonic_at_rad.net.id

  |\ __ /| Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu |\ __ /|
  | | | |
   \ / Check out SWAT Kats on the Web: \ /
     \/ http://rat.org/kats \/