Re: Mega doesn't mean million

From: Kay Chang <kaychang_at_eden.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 10:36:27 -0600 (CST)

> At least not on the show it doesn't. I mean how can it? Does MegaKat City
>only have a populace of a million Kats (I'd say 50 million or more.), do
>scrambler missles really put out a trillion volts (the literal
interpratation of
>Million Megavolts.), and what are we to make of the other uses of the term
>Mega? The ultimate SWAT Kats buzzword? Sounds like it to me.

I don't know how many citizens Megakat City has, but I'm sure that in
"Caverns of Horror," when Feral is chiding Felina for letting Ann disappear
in front of all the people watching (like us!) his exact words were: "Did
you have to let a member of the press disappear in front of two million
viewers?" To which she replies "Don't worry, Uncle. I'll get her back," or
something like that.
A buzzword? I'm sorry, I've been sleeping very late these past few days. Is
that like a password?

> |\ __ /| Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu |\ __ /|
> | | | |
> \ / Check out SWAT Kats on the Web: \ /
> \/ http://rat.org/kats \/

Terra Chang:
writer and poet
SWAT Kats lover
Anne Rice fan

"I dunno . . . I kinda figured teachers slept in coffins all summer."
                    --Calvin & Hobbes