Re: H-B Lives! & Kats Animation Art

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 08:04:17 -0800

Ryan wrote:

>With Ted charge? Probably nowhere! along with anything else (If any) goon
>that TedCo ever made because Ted cancels all the good stuff!

I wrote:

Though I'm not speaking for the turner.com poster, a lot of the H-B gang
would agree with you.

>>They are NOT changing the name in front of our oh-so-colorful building.
>>
>EXPLAIN PLEASE........... (Do you mean yo work at H-B or something??)

Um...nobody check headers anymore? He means that Hanna-Barbera el presidente
Fred Seibert took away the Tremblays' box of crayons and discarded everything
but chartreuse (that's 'purple' between you and me) and proceeded to scribble
all over the facade of 3400 Cahuenga Blvd. until it looked for all the world like
a New Orleans whorehouse (if you don't know what that is, *please* don't
ask your parents, or Senator Exon will put me on his Christmas Card list). It seems
that the decision for a new colour was between the Blue and the Grey (Ted favouring
"the Grey" for some odd reason), and Seibert compromised by mixing the two
and adding a little red ink of his own (man, I'm *nasty* when I want to be, huh?)

Anyway, Ted didn't like the colour - and neither did H-B co-founder Joe
Barbera, who described the pastel travesty as:

"People drive by on the street and do a 'Kramer' -style shock-take!"
 (delivered while trying his best at emulating same)

>>I am in discussion with our Animation Art dept. to see if I can work a special
>>deal on those Kats cels for our list members. Don't get your hopes up, but if
>>something comes up, I'll post again.
>
>Too late, oh well!

Marc's efforts appreciated by one and all even if they don't come to fruition.
Listmembers might try getting any kind of latitude from a WBSS or Disney
Store; that is, unless you've already *got* windmills to tilt at.

>>I will now return to my "lurker" status...Love to all!

Lesson to be learned: you can never tell who lurks behind the skirting boards
of a public forum...maybe Jane reads Ted to sleep every night with katmail?