Nitpickers guide to the Galaxy: Posting etiquette...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 22:26:56 -0800

>>Seeing as how some of us are having some minature disscussions about
>>stories, I was thinking. (I'm in the middle of writing one, this is
>>basically what the post is about.)

(Chance brings out the Really Big Scissors....*kersnip*)

Pretty please with Katnip on it, please, please don't quote more than you need
to of previous messages, especially if there's fifteen different levels of
">>>" to show that others ignored a like number of "pleases". If you're responding
to something in a novel, do you quote the whole novel? The whole chapter?
No. Generally just the paragraph, or if you're really sharp - just the sentence.

Please regard the following. Take notes. There will be a test. (meetcha at the bottom..)

>etc., etc., etc....) about them starting a manga/anime CCG. If anyone
>would like to help me, E-Mail me at...
> louallen.wheeler_at_fatal.com
> Heeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee''''
>'''''''''''sssssssssssssssssss
>

> GIYGGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> He still
>needs a little work to program all the bugs out of his system. Don't worry!
>I'll finish my brainwashing class soon! (he, he!)
>Ryan "B-ko "Snoopy" Daitokuji" Kelley (Giyggas to Ted Turner)
>SWAT Kats Megafan, anime fan
>Good thing you can't see me in person!!
>"Without the world of Imortality at our sides, we would be nothing."
>
>Snoopy?

...still with me? Good.

Essentially, this is the biggest sig in captivity (though kinda cool) and is
causing the vacuum tubes in majordomo unnecessary pain and suffering.
Maybe just trim 'em to four lines or so, 'kay? Also, exclamation marks
are rapidly becoming an endangered species, so maybe ask yourself
whether or not you'd like to save a couple for posterity rather than so
generously distribute them to 70 others.

Thank you for your attention,

Grouchykat.