Re: Happy Birthday kats!

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 20:59:44 -0800

>>>How about a name for the Fan List, say. . ."The Katalyst?"
>>
>>Eyeah . . . do you even know the real definition of catalyst? It means
>>"something that brings about change." (I wish! I wish we could change
>>Turner's mind about the cancellation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
>
>Well, I think that the mission of this list is to bring a change, to give us Kats a hope that someday maybe the SWAT kats series can go more than 24 episodes.

We've been well-noticed in some rather odd quarters, but I don't know if there's any
kind of measurable effect on those that hold the keys to the Turbokat. I *did* hear
something interesting awhile ago that I didn't mention because I couldn't corroborate it,
but it seems that certain people were asked to explain certain decisions on the carpet
in Atlanta awhile back, and one of them was reportedly the mishandling of "certain
properties". Sadly, certain people still have their job(s), so I'm not sure what happened. That
was like around Christmas or some junk, and I've not heard much else since. Not to
slam H-B at all, but friends in the upper echelons of competitive Animation concerns
look at Turner's management record over the past few years and can't stop laughing.
Maybe they're trying to turn it around, but unless you know where to stop turning
you just wind up in a full circle.

Apparently the whole fan-mail handling thing has taken yet another paradigm shift, but
I'd have to call to get the details. Someone I just talked to passed on the name of
someone I recognized from elsewhere, but last I'd heard all the fanmail was still going
to the immortal Mark Hughes in "Classic Cartoons". Mebbe they never *got* to those
unopened boxes of mail and were relieved of the responsibility. I'll try find out.
(I've been kinda lax in my long-distance duties lately because judging by my last phone
bill, I think I'm singlehandedly supporting the phone company's Fiber Optic revolution.)