Re: Kat decency (and other Kat stuff)

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 11:19:11 -0800

>Or the Kat Mob has their fingers in the construction pie, just like
>we have here :(

"It's a lie! We're all honest contractors! We even give a lifetime warranty
 on cement shoes!" -- Fango and Katscratch Construction Pty.

>>Interestingly enough, we haven't seen the city get hit with any *natural*
>>disasters, such as extensive flooding, earthquakes and so on. Neither has
>>it been hit with any riots (citizens fleeing in panic don't count).
>
>Not having seen all the eps :( :( :(, I ask: were there any eps with
>totally conventional villains, that is villains without super powers
>or hardware?

I would've liked to have a couple with the Katguys taking on someone
without any supernatural/hypernatural overtones (like "Steele" in my
"Unmasked" thing, or some natural disaster as suggested above), and perhaps
even do a story where they have to ally themselves with one of the villains
with a common, if temporary, goal. A lot of the better eps of ac/adv series
have used this "pact with evil" theme to good effect; "Gargoyles", "He-Man"...
yadda, yadda.

The H-B villain-in-waiting closest to the "without super powers" description
would probably be Elliot Kliban from the unused "Blackout" premise on the
Rat.org site. Tremblays also had plans for "Nimbus, the Weather Warrior"
on some kind of motorcycle, but as their tastes run to the radically "visual",
I'd bet this dude was intended as supernatural as you could get.