Re: SK MIDI (via Chance's Pony Express again...)

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 22:01:53 -0800

>Goodie! Where can I find a MOD editor? I know very little about mods, I
>don't even have anything to play them! Maybe an ADPCM WAV file or VOC
>file should be better? But some people can't play adpcm and vocs. The
>MIDI program I have does have guitar, along with a fret noise too.
>Electric guitar, Banjo, any other guitar imaginable....blah blah blah...

Grrrrrrrr.....(fur stands up on end)

If you didn't know this was a SwatKats list, could you determine it from
anything contained within this post? No...not even after an investigation
worthy of Columbo. Please quote at least the portion of the original
post that this is relevant to...I can't afford the crystal ball on what I earn.

(Stay tuned for the World Premiere of The List Posting Guidelines, brought
 to you by your friendly neighbourhood Razor-cat cunningly disguised
 as Miss Manners. )

Oh yeah, in answer to A.J's earlier post on "what'd everyone else get?" in
comparison to his cel (congrats, BTW - that's one of the promo shots
used for the TBS bumpers); no one else among the winners is a member of
the list. I *think* Christian said everyone would wind up with a cel, but
I believe there was very much an "A", "B" and "C" ranking to the things, and
A.J. wound up with "A". WRT commercial releases of the cels through H-B
and independent outfits; it looks as though it won't happen anytime soon
because Turner isn't convinced there's enough of a demand. They might
be right, as aside from some recent Warners efforts and a handful of others,
the market for animation cels has been traditionally geared towards features
or "classic" toon offerings like "The Flintstones". Still, H-B would be missing
the boat if they didn't at least make a few extant examples available through
the same in-house Art Division currently hawking those "Flintstones" limited
edition sericels. I'd certainly buy one if I didn't have to mortgage the dog.

("Limited Edition": Limited to how many you could run off before the office
                             Xerox ran out of toner....)