Re: Season 2--re-evaluation

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 22:02:00 -0800

Someone with impressive connections wrote:

>and I mentioned I was the President of the SKC on Prodigy. This
>somehow got into the hands of Davis Doi, who sent my his work phone
>number and said to call. Yes, I still have the phone number, and
>chance says it should still work, so if I get piles of fanfic questions I
>might call him up again someday. No, I don't know him personally.

Just don't get transferred to Mark Hughes by mistake, or you'll wind up
on the "Return Message" pad as "another one of those SwatKat pests".
Fan-relations at their finest.

Davis is a busy dude with "Jonny" now, and as another of the ex-Kats staffers recently
told me in response to a raft of questions I'd sent over - "SwatKats" was
basically two/three years ago in the memories of these folks, and "I don't
know how much I remember". My favourite response from one of the
production staffers still employed by Tedco goes something like this (in
response to my question: "What do you personally feel about the cancellation?")

"Well...how can I put this...we all have to do what we're told, but some shows
  should've gone on longer than they did...."

My second favourite comes from another staffer, also still employed, in response
to my "did you personally like the program compared to, say, the WPT's?":

"Yeah, I don't know why we cancelled 'SwatKats', it was my favourite show.
  The WPT's? Oh yeah, they all suck..."

That was about a year and a couple of witch-hunts ago. Did you know a bunch of
these folks fought for the show after TPS ordered it halted? Guess a sentence to
animation's equivalent of the Eastern Front on "Dumb and Dumber" was their
reward for boat-rocking.