Re: Responsibilities and Magic.

From: Edo Andromedo <macsonic_at_rad.net.id>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 18:01:26 +0700

>>>Could Chance change? Naaaaaaaahh .. .
>
>>Hey, if a kid is near him, I think that he will become more cautios
>>on what he gonna do or say.
>
>Mabye, but ALL THE TIME?

Well, just as long the kid is near him. He probaly back to his regular self
when ever he is alone.

>I don't think he would make a very responsible parent.

People change when they have to take care of their young ones.

>>>No offense, but I despise the word 'magician' and even 'magic.'
>
>>How about the word "Luck"?
>
>Luck has absolutely nothing to do with magic.

Just curious here. :-)

>>>They should be called "illusionists" or something instead.
>
>>How about calling them "Technomages"?
>
>Why would we do that? They don't use real magic so we couldn't
>call them mages,

They use technology to do some sort of magic.

>and why does have the stuff they do have to do with
>technology? Harry Houdini didn't have a computer. Most of the stuff
>involves sliding shafts and hidden stuff.

A technology is a degree of knowledge that a civilization has (Well, at
least that is my definition of 'technology'.). So I guess sliding shafts
and hidden stuff can be consider as technology too.

>>>but being my fanfic does deal with a cartoon show that saws 'magic'
>>>quite often, I'll use the word.
>
>>How about the terms "paranormal activities"?
>
>Then you're thinking X-files, or voodoo, or supernatural forces.
>Though close by, not truly magic.

Aren't voodoo can be consider as magic?

>NO MORE SPOILERS! TO ANYONE! YOU'LL HAVE JUST HAVE TO
>WAIT UNTIL IT COMES OUT (WHICH SHOULD BE VERY SOON).

Okay. :-) Hope to read your stories soon. :-)