Re: Kat Commodes

From: Paul Kemner <pkemner_at_bright.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 08:13:15 -0500

When I said the Kats probably didn't have flush water toilets, I didn't mean
that they might not have sinks or showers. Like I said, it's pretty wasteful
to treat the H2O to drinkable standards to flush it down the loo.

For myself, I want my drinking water to be very clean, but I also want the
water that I wash and shower (and brush my teeth in !) to be clean. Does the
water that you flush have to be cleaned to the same standards (as long as it
doesn't stink) ?

Some friends of mine in a rural area were thinking of setting up a
grey-water system (I think with rainwater) to flush with, so I've heard all
about this.
Paul Kemner | "Many people appear to imagine that they cannot
Toledo, Ohio | afford to have artistic surroundings, whereas
pkemner_at_bright.net | the wonder is that they can afford so much
--------------------- expensive ugliness." M. H. Baillie Scott