Re: Dead SwatKats.

From: Leet Wai Leong Simon <leetwail_at_iscs.nus.sg>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 21:23:48 +0800 (GMT-8)

On Mon, 8 Jan 1996, Edo Andromedo wrote:

> >1) You mentioned the idea of multiple timelines in your opening, but you
> >seem to contradict that for the rest of your idea: if we indeed exist in
> >every timeline, then the implication is that it would be possible to
> >travel between timelines without adversely affecting the course the the
> >destination timeline.

> This lead the conclusion that all the timeline end in the same way.

 ... I'm not quite sure I get what you mean ... care to clarify?

> I think that DJ mean that every characters in the kats universe exist in
> every timeline, although the situation that happen to them maybe different in
> every timeline.

 ... which doesn't make sense. If every timeline necessarily represents
every possible situation, then there must be at least one time line in
which one of those situations result in the SWATKats death, if not an
extremely huge number. The mathematical possibility of the SWATKats NOT
existing in one particular timeline out of a set of all possible
timelines is far greater than that of them existing in one. Hence, the
assumption that every character must exist in every timeline cannot hold.

> >2) If the absence of the SWATKats in a particular point in time does indeed
> >change the future after that point, then it is equally plausible that the
> >Pastmaster would have never appeared in the future ruled by the Metallikats
> >since most of his little time jaunts are usually a direct result of a
> >defeat at the hands of the SWATKats, a defeat which might not have happened
> >since the SWATKats skipped a period of their future ...
>
> Unless there is my theory on what happen next, there is an unknown SwatKats
> who masked themself as T-Bone and Razor to protect the city, and this
> mysterious SwatKats is defending the city by the name of T-Bone and Razor.
> This is a serious thing, what if there is someone that took their place
> while they are gone?

Uh ... that little possiblity I brought up was to illustrate the
dangerous implications of DJ's idea. If the future changes in response to
a change resulting from time travel in the present, then there really is
no telling what is possible or not ... all bets are off.

> BTW, the Pastmaster throw the SwatKats to the future and sealed them on the
> future is quite a possible theory. Then again, the Pastmaster is a stupid
> guy, he could just send the bridge cable to throw them to the vortex and
> make MegaKat city goes back to the Dark Ages again.

I have no idea what this means. Come again?

> Yes, that episode supposed to let us assume that the SwatKats crashed into
> the building, but with the data that they (The creator of that episode.)
> gives us: one Turbokat crashed with no T-Bone and Razor visible in it (Just
> like Matt said.). I think that the possiblities of DJ theory is quite
> possible, but this is not the theory that I use on my story.

No, the point is that DJ postulated a big loophole in the story, but for
her loophole to exist, her assumption must first be true: that the
Metallikat's success in the future was a direct result of the SWATKats
temporal absence in the present. Secondly, the loophole requires her mode
of time travel to be true, which doesn't seem likely. It is NOT a
loophole because her idea does not rely on an oversight inherent in the
plot itself.

Simon Leet <leetwail_at_iscs.nus.sg> :)
- *sigh* now everything I did wrong in '95 can return
  to haunt me. Hurrah.