Re: Kat stuff

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 20:07:25 -0700

>Hrm.
>Seems that the person responsible for setting up this mailing list (in
>spirit, anyway ;-) -- namely, yours truly -- has been the one doing the
>most lurking. Not good.

Heh! No, not good...

>SK figurines -- I've found SK figurines galore of T-Bone and Razor in
>the Toys R Us up in Sacramento, but no sightings of either Dark Kat or
>Doctor Viper. BTW, does anyone know if the Turbokat ever came out as
>an action figure? Another friend of mine (non-lister) wants it, if
>it's available.

Strangely, the Turbokat was one of the first things intended by H-B for the
toy-line (they were going to have a version that the ac-figures could fit inside),
but Tedco didn't make it a priority for Remco to produce, and none were made.
I've seen pics of the box that the thing would've come in, and you can bet they
would've sold a pile.

You can make some alterations to the basic F-14 model and come up
with a reasonable Turbokat - the reference pages in the "Toon" article
are the best for modification blueprints.
  "I'm on the Internet...sometimes every day. I use it to plug in and feel the
   pulse of my audience. I think most producers used to wait for the fan mail
   to roll in. You don't need to do that anymore. There's instant communication
   with your audience. -- The "X-Files" Chris Carter