Re: Taskmaster....???

From: Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 19:23:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 19 Sep 1995, Ian Lynn wrote:

> WAs channel surfing last night and pasted over TNT Monday Nitro (wrestling),
> Ted's version of Raw. I caught a glimpse of a little guy in a hooded
> coat, and at first I would have sworn they were calling him the
> Pastmaster. I believe it ended up being the Taskmaster, but I thought
> the similarities were clearly pointed at everyones favorite time-traveler.
> Either I'm a tad to obsessed or Ted is really getting desparate for wrestler-
> names.

Heh! Ted's getting desperate for a lot of things...one of the WPT's just
came back an absolute disaster, and H-B told the creator that there
wasn't any money left in the budget for retakes. What a joke.

More things on the Tedco front...they cancelled Kats hoping to save
money, and their new "Jonny" has been cut back from 65 to 26, and is
*wayyyy* over budget and very behind schedule. Those who have caught
previews of it so far are either whelmed, or out-and-out say it bites.
They canned the Kats to pursue this? Seriously, "Deadly Pyramid",
"Unlikely Alloys" and a good portion of "Mutation City" are among the
best stuff in animation (for a variety of reasons) that I've ever seen.
So far, what Tedco has pursued in place of it can be counted among the worst.

Oh yeah...certain individuals over there bear much of the blame for
killing the Kat guys, and they've been known for other clueless maneuvers
previous. One of my acquaintances loves to take digs at the
Powers-that-be over there when he's judging their "Storyboard" contest,
and I suggested a few digs be made concerning the Kats. I have a feeling
it will happen!
 "There must be some way of getting the money without working for Eisner.."

 -The Brain