Re: Bright and Shiny Future

From: Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 16:28:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, August Yang wrote:

> In any case, I've hit the "Translate Corp Jargon" (special P.C. Br) and I
> get...
>
> "Typical P.R. Response. If they said otherwise, Bad P.R."

This was my first reaction until I was reminded of Turner's presence at
two previous press events and the comments there; the ABA convention, and
the licensing fair. In both those instances, Turner reps repeated a
well-rehearsed "Little Red Book" line about Kats "not being promoted
because it isn't a current property", yet at Comicon, they've said the
reverse.

     From what I've heard from others about Comicon, the participants
normally don't send backbencher clueless lackies to represent their
company at such a well attended event. I'm trying to get a name so I can
determine if this individual is actually speaking from a position of
authority, or one of overactive imagination.

> Yeah, yeah. I'm just being a cynical bastard, but we need more than just

     Cynicism is evolutionary after repetitive disappointment in
something you believe(d) in. Turner shoulders _all_ the blame for that
in this case.

 "Of course it has boogers in it. It's got kid-type humour" - John K. in TVG
                                   --
 "Naaaah...just make them cat aliens." - Executive 'creative input' at H-B