Re: Turner never ceases to amaze...

From: <fayxx001_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 95 11:17:31 -0500

>Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net> wrote:

>...and now, despite the fact that the "World Premiere Toons" are
>almost universally detested, the grapevine reports that "the focus has
>shifted from unconnected shorts - now they intend them as possible series
>pilots".

To quote my pal Quick-Draw McGraw, "Ho-o-old on thar!" Some of those
"World Premiere Toons" have been pretty good. "O. Ratz," "Pfish and
Chip," and "Fat Cats" were okay, and "Powerpuff Girls" was very good.
(And, to be fair, some of them have been a waste of paint, like this
week's "George and Junior's Christmas Special" -- an affront to the
memory of Tex Avery!). So I wouldn't say they were "universally
detested."

Beyond that, I agreed with most of the rest of what you said.

-Tim