Re: Times of the year

From: Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 06:37:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 12 Jul 1995, Mitch Botwin wrote:

> Morning everyone,
> I was watching the madkat episode this morning and I noticed at the end
> of the episode that there is a calendar on the wall of the guys apartment with
> the month of July, with 2 1/2 weeks X'd out.
>
> It seems that all the episodes we see occur in the summer. Has anyone
> seen any other dates or months in the various episodes. It would be interesting
> to create a timeline based on SwatKat dates and not dates of episode creation.
>
> You get to see Lt. Steele's nameplate with the spelling used in this
> episode.

     Heh! I was just about to write on the very subject concerning "Wrath
of the Dark Kat". I watched it on Sunday night (from the new rental
cassette) and noticed the very same calendar on the wall, and pausing it
revealed that it was also July - July 9th to be exact. Guess what? That
very Sunday I watched the ep _was_ "July 9th"!

     Every time the inside of Jake and Chance Garage is shown, the
calendar reads July when it's in the shot, so I don't know how you'd do
the "timeline". Um, speaking of "timeline", how did the Metallikats end
up in the Enforcer evidence locker in "Katastrophe" when each time they
meet their doom they're picked up by Prof. Hackle? Hmmm.

     "...$%#!!_at_!!, does EVERYTHING have to occur at the speed of MTV?!"
  - George Lucas on the cancellation of "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles",
    after hearing that viewers expected constant action, rather than a
                        "gentle history lesson"