Re: (fwd) Video Stuff:"Kat-Traptions?"

From: Brad Clark <bradc_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 17:45:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 10 Jul 1995, Andy Hill wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jul 1995, Ian Lynn wrote:
>
> > Same problem in the southrn IL/IN region, no videos for purchase
> > or rent. Wal-Mart, K-Marts, TRU (bad sign in my opinion), Block-
> > busters...nada. I guess Andy's MMPR to SK comparison was right.
> > Sad, but True!!!!
> >
> > Ian
>
> Well, this is crap. I just looked at the "DarkKat" tape, and the
> backgrounds are damn beautiful - didn't come through on the broadcast
> versions. I'll try and get on the phone at work, though it's all LD for
> me, and try and call Blockbuster's head office. I wish someone down
> there would beat me to this - just call your local store and ask for the
> number to the head office and start asking pointed questions. We have
> "Block" in Canada too, but the H.O. may be different from the US ones.
> I've got a pile of questions for Christian, and I'll add this video and
> game deal to the list. I actually _hate_ being right when it comes to
> negative 'Kats stuff.

        Ok, you SHOULD be able to get the videos wherever you are. I
work at a Mega Movies store here and Canada, our store and most of our
competitors, will order movies for customers if they request them. The
base price (wholesale) for these movies were around $7.50 Canadian, so my
guess is that they would be probably around the $12.99 mark. Your best
bet to order them though, is to go in on a slow day, (not on a Friday or
Saturday night) but during the week when they have nothing better to do
like a Tuesday or something and ask them. If they can't find it in
thier book, you must explain that it has JUST come out, and won't be in
there. To make it easier, give them the item numbers, (the numbers on
the spine of the video cover) Then ask them to phone their distributor,
and find out if it's available. It may take a few weeks, but if you keep
bugging them, it will eventually come in.

        This is probably the type of answer you're going to get from the
head office places, so hopefully this will save you a phone call/postage
stamp. :)

        Sometimes the store will ask for a deposit before they order a
title, but that's rare on the lower prices ones.

 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 x RL: Brad D. Clark Furtoonia: Orwin Raccoon x
 x bradc_at_unix.infoserve.net FIDO: 1:153/969 x
 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx