Re: TCN Marathon!

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 1995 12:00:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 1 Jul 1995, MATT WEBER wrote:

> Just noticed this about the commercial TCN was putting on with the Macho
> Man:
>
> If you've recorded the commercial, look closly and you can catch a
> glimpse of what appears to be the action figures that'll be out soon!
> They looked pretty cool from the few freeze frames I saw! Can anyone
> confirm if these are _in fact_ the action figures to be released? If
> you'd like a better look, I can grab the frame & post it here to the
> list.

     Okay, for those of us who get to see this grab, and want to know if
the images are indeed of the toys - here's some clues. The toys that
have actually been made are T-Bone, Razor, DarkKat, and Dr.Viper. T-Bone
and Razor look more alike than they do in the series, and have some extra
gadgetry added to their flight suits. DarkKat looks comppletely
different, more as how he was intended to look as opposed to what was
eventually done, and is usually pictured without his hood. Dr.Viper
looks quite similar, but more in tune with his appearance as the giant
version in "Mutation City", just he's the same scale as the 'Kat guy
toys, and is minus the lab coat.

     One of the list members works at a video store, and says that the
Kat videos have shown up on their lists, available starting 4 July
(appropriate enough, I suppose - too bad the 'Kat guys can't drive off
Ted's government with the same vigor the Americans drove out the English).

     "...$%#!!_at_!!, does EVERYTHING have to occur at the speed of MTV?!"
  - George Lucas on the cancellation of "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles",
    after hearing that viewers expected constant action, rather than a
                        "gentle history lesson"