(fwd) Mutilor: Oops...

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 1995 18:25:20 -0700

From: chance_at_unix.infoserve.net (Andy Hill)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.swatkats
Subject: Mutilor: Oops...
Date: 26 Jun 1995 01:16:43 GMT

     Just saw "When Strikes Mutilor" again, and saw a few things I missed
the first time around. In one of the early shots, the camera pans over a
beach scene past a sign that says "MegaKat State Beach" - which I guess
is something like New York, N.Y. ? Next, when the Turbokat engages and
destroys the rest of Mutilor's squadrons, Mutilor says something to the
effect "That's our entire squadron, gone!" - yet when Felina pilots the
purloined fighter into the hangar of Mutilor's ship, she passes at least
three more ships.

     When you look at the initial shots of Mutilor's ship arriving, see
if it reminds you of something. Here's a couple more hints - they're
after the water, and one of the interior shots of Mutilor's ship showing
the water canisters looks vaguely familiar too. Give up? The miniseries
"V" from 198- had a similar premise with aliens stealing our water - and
the early scenes in the miniseries had the ship's arrival fairly similar
to Mutilor's in this episode - shadow first, then this ominous object in
the sky. The explanation for the "V" inspiration actually comes from the
writer, Lance Falk, who's a self-professed sci-fi nut - he even wrote a
couple of episodes for STNG that weren't used. The name "Mutilor" also
is a personal reference to Falk, his friend Chris Otsuki, late of Warner
Bros. directorial staff, had a goldfish of the same name (he liked to
give something as unimposing as Goldfish ludicrously menacing monickers
like 'Mutilor'). Falk used an anagram of 'Mutilor' for another villain -
"Turmoil". FYI, originally, the idea as put to Lance was for this space
villain to be after the oxygen, but the premise was changed to 'water'
before it went beyond the writing phase.

--
 "Sorry for staring..it's just that you looked so much like the Cheshire Cat
  for a minute there, and I was rather hoping bits of you would begin to