Re: Who's calling. please ???

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 1995 18:09:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 23 Jun 1995, MATT WEBER wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jun 1995, Ian Lynn wrote:
> In the 11min. shorts, who calls the guys. In several of the
> episodes
> Callie doesn't appear, so she couldn't be the one calling. Are we
> assuming that Jake and Chance sit and watch Kats Eye News all day
> waiting for
> something to be reported?? Doubtful since they seem to have a
> fondness
> for action and horror movies.
>
> Don't forget that the guys have scanners that are always picking up
> enforcer radio reports. Hmm.. I wonder if they use the BearKat
> scanners? <g>

     I noticed that even when they watch their horror flix, doesn't
Katseye News occasionally interrupt them for the newsbreak with whatever
the monster-du-jour is? Also, when they're doing stuff in the hangar or
the garage, the TV is often on for background noise (I do that a lot,
too) and they just catch a glimpse of trouble. "The Ci-Kat-a" has that,
I think - with "a giant cicada - looks pretty cool..", and I think they
also catch sight of "The Giant Bacteria" on TV during Manx's statue
unveiling. The "scanner" deal happens at least once in "Chaos in
Crystal", when the 'Kat guys come off their test-run in the canyon, and
hear all the radio traffic coming from MegaKat City prison. Odd how the
guys like action/horror movies - I can think of four other Furry
characters with roughly the same taste in TV.

 "Sorry for staring..it's just that you looked so much like the Cheshire Cat
  for a minute there, and I was rather hoping bits of you would begin to
  disappear..."