...the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 07:43:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 14 Jun 1995, Dana Uehara wrote:

> Frplayguy_at_aol.com writes:
> > This transcript is from the Omaha World Herald (6/14/95):
> >
> > (I know it has nothing to do with 'Da Kats",but I felt it was important
> > enough to post)
>
> If it has nothing to do with the Kats, then DON'T POST IT!!!!
>
> Given the high volume of traffic on the list lately, especially in the
> last few days, I'd like to remind everyone to please keep on topic with
> the Kats as much as possible. Minor digressions to HB and Turner are
> fine, but let's *not* get carried away here.

    Yeah, maybe second thought should've been given before posting that
to the list - but the poster had nothing but good intentions, and put
it up everywhere Furry can be found. If anyone's tempted to flame the
poster - it's a one time occurrence, and a few have pointed out that
perhaps this isn't the best place for that. I encourage a bit of
latitude here, as Michael is the only other one of us that the Tremblays
talk to, and has gone through a lot of trouble to scan in some of the
artwork from Christian Tremblay for us to look at.

     In a day full of negatives, here's another. A couple of us read
"Animation Magazine" (and one of us gets every one of his letters
published - but it ain't me!). The May issue left out my letter on
Turner's handling of SwatKats - but that's because H-B practically
_bought_ the entire issue out - their ads, articles and contest stuff
fill the entire ish. Anyway, the "negative" part is that H-B ads of
various shapes 'n 'sizes occur about fifteen times throughout the rag,
and you know the little logos that appear beside the "We Are Cartoons!"
slogan? Not a _single one_ is a SwatKat. They even dug up Magilla
Gorilla's ugly mug for one of them - but went out of their way to avoid
'KATS. The blue-suits are really trying to sweep the whole embarassing
'KATS mess under the rug, aren't they?

Andy