Re: 'KATS group - um...I was not aware...

From: Dana Uehara <duehara_at_cisk.atmos.Ucla.EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 95 14:37:12 PDT

Dave Huang writes:
> Someone (Dana?) mentioned in an article that the consensus on the list
> was to go with a .fan group, but I guess I didn't see those messages
> (been reallyreally busy lately and have been skimming/deleting all
> mailing list mail).

Don't forget that there is a digest option for anyone who wants to
subscribe and can't keep up with the list volume (although I believe
the intro message DID warn you that the list can and does get prolific).
As it is, I have enough trouble keeping up with the mailing list and
doing my own work (not good for the one who started the whole thing,
even if only conceptually!).

I accidentally deleted my offline newsreader, so I haven't been keeping
track of what's going on on the newsgroups. (If you're wondering why
deleting my offline newsreader forced me not to read news, take it to
EMAIL, please!) I did download a replacement today, so I'll be back on
the newsgroups soon. In any event, I do think I need to correct myself,
especially if I said that the consensus on the list was for
'alt.fan.swatkats' rather than 'alt.tv.swatkats'. In fact, it appears
that a.t.s. will win out over a.f.s. We'll see.

--
=================== Dana Uehara (duehara_at_atmos.ucla.edu) ==================