Re: Kats mentioned on...

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 05:55:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 14 May 1995 MATT_W_at_delphi.com wrote:

> I was flipping through the channels today (Sunday, 5/14)
> and came across a story of Mr. Hanna & Mr. Barbara.
> They were on "Life Styles of the Rich & Famous". I only
> caught a small part of the story, but they did mention
> the toons that the two had been working on. There were
> mentioned "Hard Luck Duck" and the new "Dino" shows
> along with "2 Stupid Dog" and >> "SWAT Kats" <<
>
> I wonder what Turner thinks of publicity like this?

Heh! It gets better than that. Turner sent a TV crew to Warner Bros.
Animation to interview some of the folks there who used to work for H-B
as part of some upcoming Hanna-Barbera retrospective. I've been keeping
someone I know there up to date on "SwatKats"/Turner happenings, and he
was asked to comment for the camera. He let me know that he told them
EXACTLY what he thought, and gave them both barrels. He knows Tony
Sgroi, so 'nuff said. He doubts his comments will see air, but at least
a few fairly key industry people heard them, not to mention the Turner crew.

I wonder what they think of publicity like _that_!

Andy