Re: Turner don't own "Katseye News"...

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 07:05:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 10 May 1995, Ian Lynn wrote:

> O.K, maybe I'm not all together clear here, so help me out.
> own the Swat Kats, like Nick owned "R&S", or do the Trembleys still
> hold the right??
>
> that goes on with them?? In that case, if he wants to bury them so bad why would
> he pursue a video game and toys?? Money, of course, but hey aren't those
> Just trying to easy my confused brain.

     The story I get is that Ted holds the rights to the TV and Comics
(if ever) versions of the characters, but the Tremblay Bros. still hold
the movie rights, feature or D2V. I haven't heard anything official, but
it appears Turner is a little dismayed that the program won't lie down
and play dead, despite their best efforts to bury it. They're pissed off
at me for writing all that "upcoming stuff" information about the
products on the 'net, supposedly because it'll hurt their marketing in
some way? Ask yourself this, what product scheduled to come out in July
waits this long before promoting it? Exactly.

     Turner is evidently propping up Captain Planet financially in
markets that it isn't doing well in.

Andy