Re: For Fox Kids Network:Margaret Loesch

From: Jonathan Tomohiko Higa <higa_at_math.hawaii.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 10:43:50 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 14 Apr 1995, Andy Hill wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Apr 1995, August Yang wrote:
> > SWAT Kats, I'll give you but TMNT? I was a fan of the Eastman and Laird
> > comic book, but when I saw the "kiddified" version on the TV I nearly gagged.
>
> I was more referring to the types of characters the Turtles and the
> SWATKATS were, as opposed to some of the Turtle cartoons themselves. I
> missed all of the "grittier ones" because our CBS affiliate and Canada in
> general dropped them. For the record, the best example of TMNT's
> character show's up in the first feature movie, the B&W comix till about
> '89, and apparently the current season of the cartoon.

First of all, I should scold both of you for running off-topic. Until
there is a TMNT list, you will have to reserve discussion of this type
to e-mail or newsgroups.

Don't claim to have the "best example" when you are admitted to being in
the dark. You undercut your own statement.

I have more to say on this issue, but I shall do so by other means.

-- Jonathan Higa, higa_at_math.hawaii.edu, http://math.hawaii.edu/~higa/