Re: The Termination of This List

From: Dan <dflinn_at_bcoe.butte.k12.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 1996 22:47:55 -0700

I am Speed's dad. I just happened to come across a letter from the sonic
mailing list. As a teacher, I encourage my students to write, to explore,
to expand their thinking, and to build lasting friendships in the process.
From what I saw of the mailing list the the fun things that went on in the
irc channel, I think you are all a neat bunch of people with some very
creative ideas. I have just a couple of questions:

        1) If you allow what has happened to ruin all of this, who really
wins? Who learns that bullying works and who else learns what happens when
we just give up because of some insensitivity in this world?

        2) Why can't you get together collectively and solve the problem
with the cooperation of the servers and the ops?

Cooperation and communication, along with understanding seem, to me, to be
elements we cannot let go. The response here sure seems to be
overwhelmingly in favor of working this out.

Oh, and regarding the takeover of the irc channel. Why not put your heads
together, communicate with the servers and FIND A WAY to make things work to
your benefit. Look at it as a challenge which you can accept and from which
you can learn. Do not give in so easily to defeat.

Good luck and hang in there.

                Daniel Flinn