Re: stuff

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 10:16:23 -0400 (EDT)

As official keeper of the FAQ File and unofficial old man on the list,
allow me:

> Is there any channal that shows re-runs?

Practically every cable station reruns programs *ad nauseum.* However,
if it's Sonic reruns you're interested in, they're being shown on the
USA Network (Sundays, 9:30AM Eastern; M-F 8:00 AM Eastern for the
syndicated show).

> The comic any good? Is it the same one that was in Sega Vishions for a while?

It's gotten way better over the last few months. Kanterovich & Penders
have had scripts done that more closely correspond to the show.

> I'm working on a fanfic, and 'cause I havent seen all the eps, I'm not clear
> on some things.
> First, does anyone use solid projectile weapons (guns that use bullets),
> or all they all beam waepons?

So far, no use of projectile weaponry.

> What is the actual scientific porcess for (sp?)robotazation?

Debatable. Some seem to favor a nanite-based technology while I prefer
to think of it in terms of a biomechanical synthesis. And if I have to
explain any of this further, you may be in over your head ;-).

> How much of Mobious(sp?) does Robotnic control (pre-doomsday)?

Debatable. Not all of Mobius has been mapped out, described and its
inhabitants named, for one thing. Let's say he's taking care of the
easy stuff first, and that the Great Forest ain't easy.

> Is Packbell an actual char, or is that just fanfic?

Fanfic, a creation of Dave Pistone.

> Is Sandra Nightweaver an actual chat, or is that just fanfic?

Also fanfic.

> Does Nicole have a solid-hologram generated body, or is that fanfic?

Not fanfic; in several eps, Nicole has generated holo images.

> This next question dosnt have anything to do with my writing fanfic, Im just
> curious..
> Am I missing something from the plot line? I dont understand the point of
> having nothing but power plants and factories and no life on a planet.
> Wheres the fun in haveing nothing but robot slaves? One possable answere is
> that Robotnik is compleatly insain.
>
> Somebody have an asnwere to this?

You hear about the power plants and factories because they're the
preferred targets for the freedom fighters to hit. They don't go in for
frontal assaults, preferring a strategy of hit-and-run.

Alternative answer: you hear about the power plants and factories because
a) Robotnik relies on them to further his conquest of Mobius; b) the
pollution generated by same isn't doing Mobius any good. As for
Robotnik's insanity -- let's just say that, like a lot of dictators, he
has trouble thinking things through.

Just my $.02: