Re: stuff

From: Theodore Patri Perrotti <tedp_at_WPI.EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 23:31:45 -0400 (EDT)

> Is there any channel that shows re-runs?

There are two Sonic cartoons. The former Saturday morning one (the good
one) is on the USA network on Sundays at 9:30am. The other one is on USA
on weekday mornings (I'm not sure of the time).

> The comic any good? The Archie comic varies in quality from issue to
issue, though the last few issues have been pretty good. It's somewhere
between the weekday and Saturday Sonic cartoons in terms of seriousness of
writing.

> Is it the same one that was in Sega Visions for a while?

I have no idea.

> I'm working on a fanfic, and 'cause I haven't seen all the eps, I'm not
> clear on some things.
> First, does anyone use solid projectile weapons (guns that use bullets),
> or all they all beam waepons?

I can't recall anyone using projectile weapons in any of the cartoon eps.
The only "solid projectile" weapons I know of anyone using were slingshots
and paint balls used by Princess Sally and the Freedom Fighters to blind
the Swatbots in the Princess Sally Miniseries.

> What is the actual scientific process for (sp?)robotization?

No one really knows. However, Dan Drazen puts forth a good hypothesis in
the fanfic "Bloodlines" (available at http://rat.org)

> How much of Mobious(sp?) does Robotnic control (pre-doomsday)?

During the TV ep "Blast to the Past", I believe that Snivley mentions that
"90% of the population has been captured and is awaiting robotization".

> Is Packbell an actual char, or is that just fanfic?
> Is Sandra Nightweaver an actual chat, or is that just fanfic?
> Does Nicole have a solid-hologram generated body, or is that fanfic?

All of the above are only in fanfic.

> This next question doesn't have anything to do with my writing fanfic,
> I'm just curious..
> Am I missing something from the plot line? I dont understand the point of
> having nothing but power plants and factories and no life on a planet.
> Wheres the fun in haveing nothing but robot slaves? One possable answere is
> that Robotnik is completely insane.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that Robotnik's nuts. Anyway, perhaps
he's so busy roboticizing people that he hasn't thought about what it
would be like to rule a planet with no one but robot slaves.

"It's juice time!"-Sonic the Hedgehog

Theodore P. Perrotti tedp_at_wpi.edu (all mail forwarded to here)
                       perrottit.mbr_at_asme.org

Lifetime brother of Alpha Phi Omega, Omicron Iota chapter, Worcester
Polytechnic Institute