Sonic #36

From: Jim Graba <jgraba_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 13:53:59 -0600

Hey everybody!
        I just got Sonic #36 at the comic book shop today, and it's got
two stories that you would NOT wanna miss! In any case, there are three
specific pages to talk about.

        Part One: An ad for the Knuckles mini-series. Not only does it
have a nifty triangle info box telling about this (hopefully) epic saga,
it has a "For all audiences" box, AND at the bottom it has one of those
things that you'd see for a movie ad(Sceenplay by Ken Penders and Mike
Kanterovich; Directed by Art Mawhinney; etc.) The first two things are
pretty cool 'cause it looks like the Sonic series (and its mini-series)
is becoming much more serious (serious enough to warrant the "For all
audiences" disclaimer). As for the third part, I can't expect a movie
about this (although it would be way past cool), it sure got my
attention! (It's just not fair to toy with my emotions like that!) Oh
yeah, there’s the bug guy last seen in Chaotix #1 (I think).

        Part Two: The first page of Sonic-Grams. This had an
above-average office humor comic AND it hinted at "Mecha Madness" (don't
you hate it when these guys leave you hanging?!)

        Part Three: The second page of Sonic-Grams. A certain Kim
Wessel was asking some questions that were suspiciously like the ones
that this group has been asking about, like about the Sonic movie
(answer: I [Sonic] hope so. It would be way, way past cool). In
addition to this, it also has the next cover which shows Uncle Chuck,
Sonic (of course), and Sally (unconsious, in Sonic's arm). Is it just
me, or have the covers shown Sally in some very bad situations (in #28
she's shown beaten-up, in #29 she's being roboticized, in #31 she's
being held by Dynamac-3000, in #32 she is holding onto Sonic so she
doewn't fall down a mountain, and in #37 she's unconsious).

                                Kyle Graba, lurker
                                jgraba_at_usa.net