Re: Sally might have some Competition

From: James Firmiss <firmiss_at_cae.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 20:16:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996 SUPERSTH_at_aol.com wrote:

> Oooh... interesting... but did you hear that Sega is thinking of dumping
> Sonic? Even if you already have, it $ucks incredibly... and to confirm it I
> called Sega and asked...
>
> THEY SAID IT WAS TRUE!!!!!!!

Really? This is news to me! The last time I talked with Sega Reps via
e-mail about a new Sonic game (about 3 or 4 months ago) they couldn't
confirm or deny anything about a game but said something to the effect of
"Sonic is an important part of Sega's image. He'll be sticking around."

One question _I_ have is if this IS true and Sega drops Sonic, will Archie
Comics continue with their Sonic series? [ Does Archie 'NEED' Sega's
support or does Archie's Sonic have a 'life of its own' ].

--
   James Firmiss firmiss_at_cae.wisc.edu

_at_[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"