Re: Fanfics and Politics don't mix.

From: The Necromancer <lavery_at_terra.nlnet.nf.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 22:55:04 -0230

>Me: Oh, Sonic got pulled too--seems people started complaining about
>Sonic promoting terrorist activities, and such. The final killer, though,
>was another CDA violation--most of the characters were nude, or near
>enough to it to be indecent. I hear that Tom & Jerry Kids is next on the
>chopping block.
>
>Fred: But Barney never wears clothes...
>
>Me: True, but he has an 'educational show', which Sonic and Sailor Moon
>aren't. So he stays, and the others get tossed.
>
>Fred: *whimper*
>
> Think about it, folks...
> Chris Forsyth

Oh for (insert expletitive) sakes! Nude???? Ware they going to do next? Take
Pinky & the Brain off the air because it promotes world domination? Let me
guess, next they're going to make it a law that all animals on tv -- cartoon
or real, will have to wear pants?????? And terrorist policies? Give me a
break! Us tv viewers will never be safe until someone kicks that purple
brainwashing slob off the air!

And a certain string of non-ending Mighty Morphin Freak shows...

The Necromancer
lavery_at_terra.nlnet.nf.ca

Pinky: Do you think you can fool them into thinking you're `
Napoleon?

Brain: It will be a difficult ruse. They are expecting a tiny
       little megalomaniac who's bent on ruling the world. Instead
       they have me.