Re: Info about the Sonic Japan cartoon

From: mugg charles <cmugg1_at_gl.umbc.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 17:01:39 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 29 Mar 1996, Dan wrote:
kiken here, yep, we know, I already reported the Sonic Anime to the list
about a week ago. Your info is straight from DieHard, although you did
change some of it. There are 2 episodes total (Visit Sonic Team's page
at Sega of Japan if you want to see box covers). I'm placing orders with
several companies, including Sonic Team themselves, in order to get ahold
of a copy of both episodes. Its defiantely a major thing for Sonic Team
to do, check out the shot on the middle left of the page, Sonic's doing
something rather inappropriate. Nice to see though that other people have
seen shots of it though.

> Hi, Guys,
> I was looking in a game magizine and I saw info about the Sonic
> cartoon from Japan. It starts like this: (prepare to be shocked)
>
> Sonic has made his Japanese animated debut, to remind us once again
> how american cartoons have bad graphics. the U.S. Sonic Sat. morning
> cartoon has been canceled (unfortunately,) but it would definitely be around
> today if it was as good as the Japanese counterpart. The Japanese Sonic is
> a rentar-only OVA, (the first of hopefully many) so the animation is much
> cleaner than you could ever expect from a TV show, but the characters"
> on-screen presence is what makes Sonic so cool. It's like playing the game,
> but in anime form. Or something.
> Since it's only 27 minutes (part 1 of...?), there's not too much to
> say about Sonic. Sonic and Tails are out to save the president, who's been
> kidnapped by arch-villain Dr. Eggman (Robotnik in the U.S. version). So,
> they run off to Eggworld, fight some minor enemies, fight a boss, meet
> Knuckles, and then volume 1's over. It doesn't sound like much, but it's a
> heck of a trip, and the pace is as fast as Sonic himself. Though Sonic
> sounds a bit gruff, the voice actors are pretty cool, and the new charecter,
> Sarah (the president's daughter), is a nice addition to the cast.
> Slim through the possibility is, Sega might one day bring the series
> here, but until then, enjoy some shots of what a video game-based cartoon
> should be.......
>
> Whoa! Talk about weird, huh? I have those shots, by the the way,
> and when I get a chance, will scan them so everybody can see them. And no,
> Princess Sally, Bunnie, and Knothole are not in the cartoon. "Boooo."
> Guys, does any one know if there is an AMERICAN Sonic movie coming out that
> goes along with the REAL story?
>
> -Chris Flinn
> A net Freedom Fighter for Mobius
> (I will probably get a lot of replies on this)

Kiken signing off.
ASOBIWA...OWARIDA!
Sayonara.

This message from the Baltimore Ronin,
homepage at:
http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~cmugg1
Ikuze!

     /---/ |\ /\ "To live a life of power,
    / / | \ / \ you must have faith in what you
   / / | / / \ believe, even if others tell you
    ------- |/ /------\ you are wrong;
   / __ |\ __|__ The first step to living a life of
  / | | | \ | | | power is to find courage, you must
 / | _| | / |__|__| be prepared to reach beyond the
/ |_____| |/ | boundaries of time itself;
                   | / \ And to do that, all you need is the
                                     will to take that very first step."

                                                       Sonic