files

From: Ratman <rat_at_bort.mv.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 10:21:55 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 5 Mar 1996, Doug LoConti wrote:

> Yes, you do. I would personally ask Ratman before you decide NOT to do
> it again.

I think you guys are completely missing the point.
First of all, ignorance is no excuse. Here is a paragraph from the
message that gets sent to you when you subscribe:

--- cut ---
Please do not post any of the following types of material: files,
commercial advertising, personal ads, or anything obscene. If you do,
you are subject to immediate removal from the list and suspension or
termination of subscription privileges. If in doubt, please contact
the list manager before posting. Sonic-related fan fiction, images,
and sounds may be uploaded by ftp to rat.org or mailed to rat_at_rat.org.

You see the point is, posting files to the mailing lit is strictly forbidden.
Nobody should EVER post a file. Period. This is not up for debate.

If you want to share a file, upload it to rat.org, or email it to just
me, and I'll put it on the site. Then you can meantion that the file is
on rat.org, and talk about it or whatever, but flat out posting the damn
file to the list is a definate no-no.

If you want to discuss this matter further, then write to me or other
interested parties OFF LIST.