Re: Behind The Scenes

From: James Firmiss <firmiss_at_cae.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 01:53:49 -0600 (CST)

I'd first like to say... Welcome to the Sonic Mailing List Ken!

I've enjoyed the Archie Sonic comic ever since I got copies of two (of 4)
Sonic miniseries issues from the Chicago Consumer Electronics Show a few
years back (I also saw parts of the SAT-AM cartoon before it officially
aired there too). I'm pretty sure I have all the issues out so far (even
Sonic 1/4... that 8-page subset of Sonic Miniseries #0)

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996 Benny7dude_at_aol.com wrote:

> Ken, thanks for backing me up in this. The fact is, nearly 85% (if not more)
> of Sonic's many readers ARE the younger audience. ....

I think a lot of people on this list didn't realize this... or sometimes
forget this fact.

I'm sorry to hear that the Sally Miniseries didn't do as well as hoped...
I'd probably have avoided it too when I was younger (superficially, it
looked too much like a 'girl comic'... eeewww... coodies). As far as
'finding' the comic.. I didn't have any problems here. For some reason
the comic book shop I usually go to gets Sonic issues before anyone else
on this list (I got the Sonic vs. Knuckles 48 page special about a week
ago... excellent! ... almost as good as Sonic 25 (my favorite issue so
far) )

Too bad the 2-page Super Sonic vs Hyper Knuckles pinup drawing wasn't
placed right in the center like it looked like it should have been...
Was that a mistake?

Also... Is there any chance of getting Scot Shaw! to do some more drawing
for Sonic?

  -- SUPER SPOILER ALERT --

Now THAT's an interesting twist... What's this with Sally and Knuckles
knowing each other... Is Archie trying to turn the Sonic/Sally/Geoffery
'love triangle' into a Sonic/Sally/Geoffery/Knuckles 'love tetrahedron'?

Is this thing about the power rings being a manifestation of power
crystals (or visa vera) one of those inconsistancies that Sega has
presented Archie with? I thought Uncle Chuck was supposed to be the one
who invented the rings.

I'm guessing it took a while for the 'Sonic Universe' to become more
self-consistant and people should take the earlier issue's plots with a
grain of salt.