Sally's appearance (Was Re: Bunnie Rabbot says hi...w/ a question)

From: Matt Penna <mpenna_at_vivanet.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 23:18:59 -0500

 (For an example, when they
>started they thought Sally was /pink/! It was only after that
>their rent-a-scholars realised the error..)

I remember them explaining this a while back. (Sally actually started out as
kind of orange and yellow, then turned pink, then became the standard shades
of brown we recognize now.) I think there was a note from the creators of
the book on one of the early letters pages, explaining why Sally's
appearance had changed. They said that there was very little information on
how the Freedom Fighters would actually look as a finished product, so they
were doing the best they could with the information that they had. (This was
before the cartoon started, remember.) So, when the cartoon started they
wanted to try to be consistent with it, and changed the appearance. If you
remember, Rotor's name used to be Boomer in the early issues of the book, as
well. I don't think we should judge them too harshly, as it sounds like they
were flying by the seats of their pants.

-Matt