Re: What about the war?/ Happy N Y

From: THADDEUS BOYD <AHVT94B_at_prodigy.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 1996 01:51:36 EST

In the words of my ol' buddy Matt:
>If it is true that Sega has a large say in what the comics turn out to be
>like, then I say they're shooting themselves in the foot by harming the
>characters in this way. THEY NEED MORE DISTINCT PERSONALITIES WITH MORE
>EMOTIONAL EXPRESSION. It's that simple. I don't suppose anybody was a fan
>of the Ninja Turtles series which was put out by Archie? In it's final 2
>years, I truly enjoyed what they were doing with it. They explored the
>characters' emotions and the writers were creating very intricate
>plotlines, with complex themes. They just kept setting up more interesting
>events making you drool in anticipation of the next issue.

Yup. I agree with you completely, as usual. What gives me some hope in
the direction of the Sonic comics is that the Archie version of TMNT
started out as a cornball representation of a really lame (although I
didn't think so at the time) cartoon, then, over the years, managed to
expand and have some really superb storylines, which proves that Archie can
make a gag-filled comic into something really deep. Here's hoping!