Re: General Infos.

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 08:58:24 -0500 (EST)

> What are the ages of Sonic and the regular freedom fighters, (You know, Sal,
> Bun_E, Anton, Rotor, Tails.. etc)
>
> Just wondering.
>
> Cheers
> Ablater

Speaking as the high muckety-muck keeper of the FAQ File:

Most of the freedom fighters are in their mid-teens. It was established
in "Blast to the Past" that both Sonic and Sally were 5 years old when
Robotnik took over. Further, in "Drood Henge," it specifically
mentioned that Sal was 16 and wouldn't "come of age" for another 2 years
-- 18 apparently being the age of majority. Bunnie, Rotor and Antoine
also appeared as kids in BttP, so they would be contemporaries of Sonic
& Sally (i.e., roughly the same age).

Finally, Tails was described as 10 years old in the Drood Henge ep, so
he's definitely the youngster of the group. There are no benchmarks for
Dulcy, BTW -- she's described as "adolescent" in her self-named ep, but
I don't know when dragons hit puberty. ;-)

Too bad this isn't all there is to it; Archie Comics insists that Sonic
& Sally are really 15, which has been a major pain for your friendly FAQ
File custodian. Worse, the comics once listed Tails' age as 5 -- WHERE
they got that from, I don't know -- but Scott Fulop managed to tap-dance
his way around that one in the Sonic Grams section of Sonic #29, citing
the effects of the fruit of the Tree of Wisdom ["Tails' Taste of Power,"
Sonic #14], claiming that it aged Tails by 5 years. He didn't say
whether Tails realized that he was nekkid!
|| |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
|| | / __ _ || drazen_at_andrews.edu