Re: Sonic music...

From: Dan Ramos <av643_at_Freenet.HSC.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 23:50:07 -0600

Hiya gang! I haven't been able to read the mailing list 'cause this
site's been havin' LOTSA problems lately. Aw well. :) I'm back!

So anywayz... in answer to Tolouse's questions...

> >(a) Which of the game tunes from Sonics 1, 2, 3, K, CD, et cetera are
> >your absolute favorites?

Sonic 1: Stardust Zone
Sonic 2: The music at the end of the game (winning screen with the
         pics of Tails with the plane coming up to rescue Sonic)
Sonic 3: Theme song
Sonic & Knuckles: The music in the caves (DOH! Haven't played inna while)
Sonic CD: STARDUST ZONE (BOS level... vs Metal Sonic) (redbook TRACK 20)
Sonic Spinball: The music in the second pinball table RULES!

GT> Funny you should ask this :)
GT> I constructed the Knothole Village Pub on FurToonia, and I used
GT> to have song plaques dedicated to each Freedom Fighter (I've
GT> since taken them down, for personal reasons, but I guess I'll
GT> hafta put them up again someday). These are some of the tunes I
GT> and others came up with:
GT>
GT> Sonic: The Theme from 'Sonic the Hedgehog' by Noisy Neighbors.
GT> Sally: "Wildflowers" by Tom Petty
GT> Bunnie: "Code of Silence" by Billy Joel
GT> Sir Charles: "Mr. Roboto" by Styx
GT> Antoine: "Too Much Time on My Hands" by Styx
GT> Tails: "Somewhere Out There" by Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram
GT>
GT> Also, I think 'I, Robot' by the Alan Parsons Project is very
GT> fitting.

Ya know, Tolly... I still think RUN LIKE HELL by Pink Floyd is REAL
fitting too, though. <smirk>

Later!
                                        -Sonic _at_ FurTooniaMUCK / Miles