Re: Sonic music...

From: John W. Johnston <ab360_at_rgfn.epcc.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 95 17:16:03 MDT

On Wed Jul 26, Fred Sloniker wrote:

>(a) Which of the game tunes from Sonic 1, 2, 3, K, CD, et
>cetera are your absolute favorites?

I enjoyed all the music from Sonic 1. From Sonic 2, the only ones
I didn't like were the Oil Ocean, the Special Stage, and (vs
mode) Haunted Forest (or something to that idea). From Sonic 3,
I enjoyed only the first acts of all the stages, the second stage
for the Lava Reef, the Gumball Machine Bonus Stage, the final
attack [either at the end of the second act of Launch Base (Sonic
3) or after the second act of Death Egg (Sonic 3 & Knuckles)],
the vs mode intro, the vs mode race areas, the Continue music,
and the Game Select music. I haven't seen Knuckles Chaotix or
heard enough of the Sonic CD to pass any further judgement.

>(b) What music makes you think of the various members of the
>Freedom Fighters and/or the Empire (excuse me, Robotnik's
>forces)? I'm particularly looking for something for Tails, whom
>I haven't quite come up with the perfect piece for. Joke names
>okay ('Do Run Run' for Sonic?), but I'm thinking more of music
>that *sounds* like the character.

How about Ray Steven's 'The Streak' or Aerosmith's 'Livin' on the
Edge' for Sonic, Stevie Wonder's 'Isn't She Lovely' for Sally,
the Fifth Dimension's 'Beautiful Balloon' for Tails (umm, maybe
not), and the Empirial March theme from the Empire Strikes Back
for Robotnik's forces? Can anyone else come up with anything
better?

--
ab360_at_rgfn.epcc.edu| "They call him, | "Well, he ceratinly has
 John W. Johnston | 'the man with | courage." "It won't do