Re: Sonic's IQ

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 08:14:58 -0400 (EDT)

> Well that is true in the Comic and show. But in the Avntures of Sonic
> the Hedgehog Cartoon he actuly alot smarter there. I think the reason is
> because he is the only main hero other then tails. So they have to make
> him smarter. I do think that he could learn alt more if he could just
> slow down so that someone could teach him.

Comparing the syndicated Sonic with the SatAM or comix is problematical
for me, at any rate. The syndie series is simply way over the top in
terms of situations and characterizations, and has little or no
consistency with the rest of the Sonic material. Besides, it's not
difficult for Sonic to look "smarter" than villains who, in the words of
good ol' Joe Bob, are as dumb as a box of rocks. Robotnik was a
credible evil presence in the SatAM series: in the dailies, he's closer
to being a buffoon. So, IMHO, there's no comparison.

Forget about Willy; Free Mobius!
|| |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
|| | / __ _ || drazen_at_andrews.edu