Re: Just to show how far my memory's gon

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 08:30:07 -0400 (EDT)

> > >_Sonic the Hedgehog: Fortress of Fear_
> > Michael Teitelbaum. Troll Associates, 1995
>
> >_Sonic the Hedgehog: Friend or Foe?_
> > Michael Teitelbaum. Troll Associates, 1995.
> You say these are at any local Library? Hmm.. I might grab one. Is
> this after the weekend sonic shows, or the kiddie-like weekday ones?
> (I prey its the weekend one)

As much as a supporter of libraries as I am, you'll probably have better
luck at your local bookstore.

Hard to say where Teitelbaum draws his inspiration. The first book was
obviously based on the original miniseries, though taken in skips and
short hops from one story to another. I haven't nailed down the second
story's origins, or how it differs from the comics' explanation of how
Bunnie came to be partially roboticized. The third book (Fortress of
Fear) has a fairly complex plot line and is IMHO the best of the lot so
far. Don't know if it's based on a comic or TV ep. "Friend or Foe" is,
as I said, based on the "Game Guy" ep from the Sat AM series [second
season]. There are too many eps in the syndicated (daily) Sonic to keep
track of, and as far as I'm concerned they are of dubious canonical
value. As for the comics, I only started getting into them with issue
#18; anything before that, I'm afraid I can't help you.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled rodent.
|| |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
|| | / __ _ || drazen_at_andrews.edu
|| -_____--- --_ || ASCII Sonic by Han J. Lee
"Y'all should know me, Robotnik...you made me part of what I am!"
Bunnie, "Fortified", Sonic #26