Re: Is Manak IMproving?

From: William T. Graham <wgraham_at_freenet.calgary.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 May 1995 15:35:12 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 21 May 1995, Robert Haynie wrote:

> I think so, a bit...

Does Manak's style appeal more to the younger sector of the readership
(say 5-10 year-olds), I wonder?

Speaking of Dave Manak: late last year I was looking through some stacks of
second-hand comic books looking for any Sonic back issues, when I noticed
Manak's signature on a cover from 1989. It was an issue of ALF. The best
part was the inside front cover, which had an ad for the Sonic 1 game.
Apparently Manak did much of the pencilling on ALF, which made it to issue
50 before it was cancelled. I think it would be a great gag if Alf made a
cameo appearance in a Manak story, although I doubt the licensing folks
would ever allow it. I can see it now: Alf: "Made a wrong turn on my way
home [from Earth], and wound up here on Mobius instead of Melmac."

 - William Graham - a net.freedom-fighter for a free Mobius -