IMPORTANT Re: Sonic list archives

From: Ratman <rat_at_sard.mv.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 1995 12:42:43 -0400 (EDT)

If you are planning on downloading those message archive zips, this is
important, otherwise you don't have to read..

On Sun, 2 Apr 1995, it was written:

> Archives of the Sonic mailing list for February and March are now
> available for ftp. The filenames are soni0295.zip and soni0395.zip,
> and can be found on ftp.mv.com at /pub/users/rat/sonic/message-archive.

> Don't forget to use Binary or Image transfer mode. Each .zip is
> about 450K and expands to about 1100K.

I tested them by downloading, and realized they were UNIX textfiles. I
translated them, and rezipped them (they were zipped with the old zip) and
now they are about 350K zipped.

> If you use a Unix system, you can load all of the archive files as a
> mailbox folder for convenient browsing with pine or elm.

I have some good news for Eudora users. You can load any mail file as a
mailbox for easy viewing. I tried this with the sonic mail file, and it works
just great. Write me if anyone wants to know how.

Work: paul_at_mv.mv.com | Play: rat_at_rat.mv.com
WWW : http://www.mv.com/users/rat | FTP : ftp://ftp.mv.com/pub/users/rat
AOL : PaulHurley | CIS : 75014,77