Re: Put Happy Fun Fox in the credits!

From: Ratman <rat_at_sard.mv.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 12:48:46 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 1 Mar 1995, Dan Drazen wrote:

> > Saturday Night Live? What are you talking about? I thought "Happy Fun Fox"
> > was just something you guys made up.
> >

> And the pitch:
>
> The HFF phrase is based on an SNL mock commercial for "Super Happy Fun
> Ball" -- the joke was that the "commercial" consisted of about 10
> seconds of advertisement for a toy ball and about 90 seconds of legal
> disclaimers [e.g., not to leave it out of its container, how it's being
> used in the Gulf War against Iraq, etc -- which dates the commercial --
> and the disclaimer: "Do not taunt Super Happy Fun Ball."].

So it _IS_ an origional idea. Great! I don't think that is infringement.
Linking Tails to Super Happy Fun Ball is quite a stretch.

I did see that on SNL, but never recalled "Fox" in the name anywhere.. :-)

Work: paul_at_mv.mv.com | Play: rat_at_rat.mv.com
WWW : http://www.mv.com/users/rat | FTP : ftp://ftp.mv.com/pub/users/rat
AOL : PaulHurley | CIS : 75014,77